In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Monday 27 April 2015

No-black-outline Colouring - Saffron Sky Bird - Gold Coast Convention swaps 2015

Since Blendabilities aren't available, I thought I should try another colouring technique.
No-black-outline Colouring... at least that's what I'm calling it anyway.
So here's a few step-by-step photos & some of my favourite stamps.
Saffron Sky Bird
Stamp Sets: Moon Lake, Hardwood & Everything Eleanor.
Card stock: Soft Sky, So Saffron & Whisper White.
Ink: So Saffron, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz & White Chalk Pen.
Tools: 2 ½” Circle Punch & Apothecary Accents Framelits.
Extras: Blender Pen, White Jute Ribbon & White Vellum.
Techniques: Sponging, No-black-outline colouring. 

 The background here is a bit like the "Triple Layer Stamping", except of course without the triple layers.
I've just used the Pool Party Marker to slightly darken the round ends of the flourish that I stamped with Soft Sky.
Here is the full background with a piece of So Saffron card stock added between the Whisper White & the Soft Sky.

 The Sahara Sand ink is a good colour base to see the out of the image without interfering too much with the colours you might want to add.

 I used the Blender Pen & ink (from the lids of the ink pads) to colour the image.

Here you can see the difference of adding the coloured outlines.
The image on the left has no added outline, where as I have added coloured outlines to the image on the right.

 Using the coordinating colours, I outlined the image with the fine tip (thin end) of the markers. This adds some depth & strengthens the colours, making it more of a coloured outline image.

It wasn't until I had made a few feathers on my swaps (using White Jute Ribbon) that I realised they weren't working very well (sorry to anyone who received those ones). So then I thought there's got to be a better way & this is what I came up with. Vellum... why didn't I think of it in the first place, it worked a treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment