In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Friday 21 November 2014

Partridge & Pears & Blendabilities

I think I'll always love to colour in, childhood pastimes or new mediums to play with, it will always be a favourite thing of mine.
The images on these cards have not been stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, But with Stampin' Up! Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar, these inks are water based and will not bleed with Blendabilities (Alcohol Markers).
This card was inspired by a card I seen by Tanja Kolar. It was simple yet beautiful.
Stamp set: Partridge & Pears.
Card Stock: Naturals Ivory & Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede
Blendabilities: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie,  Bronze, Natural & Colour Lifter.
Textured Embossing Folder: Filigree Frame
Extras: Gold Glitter & Gold Baker's Twine.


Here you can see a bit of the gold glitter on the fruit.


I wanted to do something a little different with this one and I think the soft pink with the other colours reminds me of a fairy tale/fantasy kind of Christmas... but that was not intentional, it's just how it turned out.
Stamp set: Partridge & Pears.
Card Stock: Blushing Bride & Whisper White
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride & Crisp Cantaloupe.
Blendabilities: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Blush,  Bronze, Natural, Ivory & Colour Lifter.
Framelits: Circles
Extras: 
Gold Sequins, Gold Baker's Twine, White Taffeta Ribbon & Venetian Crochet Trim.


Nothing else seemed to be working with this card, so I just layered several pretty ribbons in coordinating colours, added a greeting on a banner curved with the bone folder & popped up with dimesionals.

I softly sponged the background of this stamp with similar colours to that which I have coloured it in with, that way the colours wouldn't clash if I happened to be too heavy handed with sponging straight over the top of the image.
I also cut the partridge out and popped it up on dimensionals too.


No comments:

Post a Comment