In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Sunday 23 November 2014

Phoenix - Perfect Peacock

Ok, so it was my Good friend Shari's Birthday again, and it seems every year on her birthday there's a movie released that we go and see. The last couple of years it's been "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire", so this year it was "Mockingjay part 1". Now I know peacocks and phoenix are not quite mockingjays, but phoenix are a fire birds and Shari likes red... so it was close enough.
Stamp sets: Perfect Peacock, Good Greetings & Four Feathers.
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black & Whisper White.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral & Cherry Cobbler.
Blendabilities:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo & Old Olive.
Extras: Washi Tape, Gold Glitter & Gold Sequins.

Here you can see the gold glitter & sequins shine.
I didn't put the gold sequins on every eye of the tale because I thought it might be too much, but then needed some more somewhere (the bottom) else, for some balance.

I used Melon Mambo as the lightest colour to finish the body & wing, I found that it gave it more of a crimson red (not that you can tell from the photo).

Shari said she wanted Lemon Meringue Pie for her birthday cake, so I made it then added a little Mockingjay, which I made out of modeling chocolate & painted with edible gold paint. It was the first time I have made modeling chocolate & found a little tricky to work with, probably due to the warm weather we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment