In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Picture Perfect

I've played around with the humming bird and using lots of colours, but this is the only card I've put together so far. It was not my intention to make the whole card so colourful. I was going to just add colourful birds to a white-gray-black background. ...but things don't always turn out as planned, & I'm happy with how the card finished up anyway.


Stamps sets: Picture Perfect & Balloon Celebration
Card stock: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, Temping Turquoise, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry & Memento Black
Tools: Brayer & Scissors

The background is brayered with Wisteria Wonder & Soft Sky. 
The leaves are stamped onto the card, but the birds and flowers have been cut out and stuck on -yes that was lots of cutting! (one bird is on dimentionals).
For the birds, I inked up the beak with Tangerine Tango then the rest of the stamp with black ink avoiding the beak. For the rest of the bird layers I just inked the stamp up with a lighter colour then added more colours to sections of the stamp with either sponges or daubers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment