In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Thursday 9 October 2014

Slider Cards

These Slider cards were really easy and so much fun to make... I love these cards at the moment, I'm sure you can tell when you see them all. Though I must admit I am missing one from the collection, which I left behind for some to use as a guide (it was was one of my favourites too).
So of course I did use this card for a workshop project, and yes...everyone loved it!

No, this wasn't the workshop project, though I did bring it along to show the versatility of the card.
I Just loved the idea of putting the car on the slider and now I'd have to say this is probably my most favourite one.
(This is not my stamp set by the way, I borrowed it from my wonderful friend Shari, who shares everything, lucky for me)

Stamps: White Christmas
Card Stock: Whisper White & Pool Party
Blendabilities: Cherry cobbler, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake & Smoky Slate.
Ink: Pool Party & Tuxedo Black Memento
Techniques: Masking, Sponging & Colouring ( Belndabilities)

Stamps: Endless Wishes
Colours: Pool Party, Whisper White & Silver
Extras: Labels Collection Framelits, Frosted Sequins, All is Calm dsp & Washi tape.
Techniques: Embossing,  & Piercing

Stamps: Endless Wishes
Colours: Lost Lagoon,  Pool Party, Whisper White & Silver
Extras: Labels Collection Framelits, Frosted Sequins, All is Calm dsp & Washi tape.
Techniques: Embossing,  & Piercing

Stamps: Four Feathers & Sassy Salutations
Colours: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Soft Sky & Sliver.
Framelits: Four Feathers & Apothecary Accents.
Extras: Clear Buttons, Silver embossing powder & silver ribbon.
 + Print Poetry dsp
Techniques: Embossing,  Masking & Sponging.

This was actually the  very first one of these I made, & I'm sure you can tell, it's very basic.
Stamps: Sassy Salutations & Holiday Homes.
Colours: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso & Gold
Extras: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Gold embossing powder & Print Poetry dsp.
Techniques: Embossing

This was the first one I started to experiment with (by "experiment" I mean adding embellishments other than a greeting to the moving/sliding tab).
Stamps: Holiday Homes
Card stock: Basic Black, Whisper White & Garden Green.
Ink: Tuxedo Black- Memento, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Versa- Mark & White Craft.
Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler.
Extras: Holiday Homes framelits, Clear Embossing Powder & White Embossing Powder.
Techniques: Embossing, Brayering, Masking & Sponging.

This one seemed like a good idea at the time... but I didn't quite pull it off, I guess that's what happens when you stay up too late working on the wrong projects : /
Stamps: Holiday Homes, Lovely as a Tree & Good Greetings.
Colours Basic Black Whisper White, Night of Navy & Daffodil Delight.
Framelits: Holiday Homes & Chalk Talk.
Techniques: Masking & Sponging.
I just wanted to mention here that if you want to save on card stock just cut the length of card to 8 1/4" instead of 81/2". This way you'll get two out of a sheet of A4. You will need change one other measurement though, instead of cutting the slot 1 1/2" from the edge you'll cut 1 1/4", you'll also have a smaller section to stick the card together with ( 1/4" instead of 1/2"). I found changing to these measurements was quite easy to adjust. I just wish I had thought of it before I had drawn up the measurements and instructions...


Dawn's Stamping Studio - Slider card Video

2 comments:

  1. Don't quite get how you did it (guess I need a video) but these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, the instruction above may be a bit vague, but I had only drawn them up for people to refer back to them after I had demonstrated how to make the card in a work shop. The measurements on the first page of instruction are probably the part people tend to forget when go home & want to make the card again. I have added a link to a video on Dawns blog, it's directly below the page of instructions.

      Delete