In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Perfect Peacock & Blendabilities

I had seen something on pinterest that made me want to try this, although blendabilties on dsp isn't ideal, I'm still glad I gave it a go. This card did get a mixed reaction from the people who seen it.
 Colours: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil, Delight Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie
Colours: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil, Delight Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler. + Dazzling Diamonds.

Colours: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil  Delight & Old Olive. + Gold Glitter

Colours: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil, Delight Old Olive, Night of Navy & Wisteria Wonder.  + Dazzling Diamonds.

I guess I was think along the lines of albino peacocks when I did this one, not to mention the vase full of beige coloured peacock feathers on the counter of a shop I had been in recently (which kept playing on my mind till I had got it on paper). I was going to water colour this image because I had stamped it onto Sahara Sand  card stock instead of Whisper White, but then I realized I had stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, which of course will bleed with watercolouring (you can see my little experiment with the butterfly in the bottom right hand corner - the natural is Blendabilities & the blue is water colour).
Colours: Blush, Natural, Nude & Ivory. + White gel & Chalk Pens.

The red phoenix version. I was hoping for a bit of flame effect in the tail, I don't think I quite got there, but the gold glitter looks great in real life.
Colours: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil, Delight Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler. + Gold Glitter.

1 comment: